Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shouting Out My Black Love

I just have to give a shout out to my hubby. I am in the middle of a long, somewhat stressful week and he (as always) has just been so loving and supportive that I had to take a minute to acknowledge him.

I am in the process of doing what I need to do to become a teacher - taking a class so that I have enough credits to teach elementary school, taking another class so I can pass the exams that are part of the certification process, and trying to be a good "housewife" in the midst of it all (my temp job recently ended and I've been at home ever since).

I walked in last night from one of my classes, apparently looking overwhelmed, and one of the first things he said to me was "I will help you study for both tests, and you will pass". Even though I was a little stand-offish towards him last night, he cracked jokes, left me a silly voicemail message, and danced and sang - all to make me feel better. I am truly Living Black Love, and as he would say, "luuuvin' it!".

No comments:

Post a Comment