Saturday, August 7, 2010

Honey, Can You Paint My Toes?

Earlier this week, I suffered from a case of naked toenails. I rarely ever go to the nail salon so I usually just paint my own. In recent weeks, I've realized I need to add toenail painting to the ever-growing list of things you can't do while pregnant (that list also includes eating lunch meat, sleeping, and breathing, among other things). So I came up with a great idea - to have Johnny paint my naked toes for me! At the very least, I thought it would be a great way to spend some quality time together.

When I asked, he obliged without hesitation, thought it took him a few days (and some complaining from me) to actually get to the job. But eventually, he painted these tootsies of mine! I taught him the proper technique for achieving a smooth finish, as well as the importance of a topcoat. I have to say, I may have micro-managed the process a little too much - but as with everything in our lives, Johnny was very patient with me.

In the end, he was a little unsure of himself and his potential as a master toe painter, but I am very pleased with the final product. I'm also happy to have a hubby who is there for every part of this pregnancy - even the parts that involve feet. Now that's Living Black Love.

2 comments: