Tuesday, August 23, 2011

One of my Facebook friends posted something today that irritated me. The post said something along the lines of, "there are still Black families out there. I was in store (or restaurant, or Starbucks maybe) and saw a husband and wife with their three children and a baby". I know my "friend" had good intentions, but he clearly didn't know what he was talking about. Seems our goal of dispelling the myth that Black folks don't get married is going to be harder to reach than we thought. It upsets me that there are still people out there who want to believe in Black love and marriage, but won't allow themselves to do so. Oh, y'all of little faith...


1 comment:

  1. The Black Family is alive and well! Although, it may look a little different than what we grew up watching on the Cosby's. Many of today's "modern families" are still built on the same foundation of love, values and respect. Black love is a beautiful and powerful thing, we can't lose sight of that. You and Johnny are living proof!


    "Less Is More"
    leticiabenita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete