Friday, July 13, 2012

Unity Email Accounts

Raise your hand if you have a joint email address that you and your spouse use.  What about a family email?  I've seen these "joint" email addresses in the past.  I've even created one for us.  We've never used it.  Insert sad face here.  Why the sad face?  I received an email today from a friend, informing us of her new email address - which she shares with her husband.  I think it's a cute idea!  They each still have their own separate accounts but have the joint address for household matters (bills, other accounts) and to make things easier on family and friends when they're sending invites and such to both the Mr. and the Mrs.

The more I think about it, the more sense it might make.  Should we try it?  Will you try it?  Please share!  And thanks to Mr. and Mrs. L for the inspiration for this blog!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's a bad idea, but I don't have one with my husband. Probably because I already have about 3 for professional/personal use. But we do have no problem giving eachother login credentials if for some reason we need access to each other's inboxes. It is a cute idea though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were in marriage counseling, the Minister suggested that all couples get the similar phone numbers (i.e. 626-9950 and 626-9951), one Facebook account, and one email address. We did one of the three (lol).

    I think another good thing with the joint email address could also be transparency. Especially when it comes to bills and things of that nature. For my husband and I, we have separate emails and one joint email, made it easier for for joint business such as leasing agreements and shared accounts...in addition, we have our own bank and credit accounts, but joint ones also.

    Similarly to Sheila, we have each other login information for most every account, except for work related things. Also, similar to Sheila, I do not go into his personal email, unless he asks me to handle something. I have found that a lot of women cannot resist the urge to be 'nosey' and read their significant other's emails....but that is a whole other topic.

    ReplyDelete